Apply for a residency
Apply to become a resident at AiR Tilburg
Apply in 5 easy steps
- Download & complete the application form.
- Compile all documents needed in ONE pdf. Use www.small.pdf.com
- Send the PDF to: email@example.com by www.wetransfer.com and mark it: Your_name_res2021
- Pay the € 35,- administration fee and mark this also Your_name_res2021
We manually check the completed application and we will contact you by email within 5 working days. We will contact you by email when we have the results of your application.
From 01.12.2019, we will begin processing all the applications. The assessment procedure will happen in different stages: a long list, a shortlist followed by (video call) interviews and the final selection of the residents. We strive to inform all applicants about the procedure of their assessment according to the following dates:
- Longlist: 18.12.2019
- Final decision: 01.02.2020
If you have any more questions about the procedure, please check our FAQ page.
Visual art, fiber art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists.
- Professional artists, curators and art writers
- Regardless of gender or region
- Established, mid-career or emerging practice
- Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
- Duo’s/collectives may apply as well
- Residents may be accompanied by a partner
Up to 3 months according to the needs and necessity of the proposed project. The residency is open all year but no new residents arrive in January, August and December
To apply for a residency, download and fill in the Application form. Please take note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- An introduction to your work. Provide a clear and informative summary of your work (max 450 words).
- Curriculum Vitae (max 3 pages). Include a selfie in your studio.
- An overview of completed projects. Add text, images and/or urls (recent 5 years and max. 10 pages A4).
- Add a summary of your current project (max 600 words).
- Motivate how a residency at SEA supports the development of your work. Outline how the residency will make a difference to your practice (max 400 words).
- Describe your residency project plan. Be as specific, realistic and detailed as possible include an anticipated schedule (max 3000 words).
- Add details of any forthcoming projects. Highlight key projects over the next year (up-coming collaborations, exhibitions, publications, etc.) with details of partners involved (max 3000 words).