Open Call for artists, curators and writers
22.11.2019 at Noon
We believe that contemporary art practice requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
The residency aims:
- To support the production of art and the theory of art
- To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
- To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
- To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
The application fee is €35. The payment can be made by either using Paypal or by direct debit using IBAN and Swift.
After the deadline
We manually check your application. We send you a confirmation of receipt within 5 working days. If there are any questions about your application, we will contact you.
Your application will be assessed by an Admission’s board consisting of members of the SEA Board and SEA Satellites and two external experts.
The admission’s board will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit: this includes the quality of your work.
- The relevance for your practice: this includes how your practice is related to a global or local context.
- Your attitude and skills: this includes your ambition, your visual and reflective skills.
Results are expected from 18 December and Award winner will be announced at the latest on 1st February 2020
For additional questions or a tour of the building, send an email to the Residency Coordinator at email@example.com Daily office hours 10 am until 5 pm. Please first check our FAQ page
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg
Call for Applicants
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
Visual art, fiber art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists.
- Professional artists, curators and art writers
- Regardless of gender or region
- Established, mid-career or emerging practice
- Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
- Duo’s/collectives may apply as well
- Residents may be accompanied by a partner
- We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
How to apply
- Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
- The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
- For duos / collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
Completed application form.
Samples work from the past 5 years.
All mages in the portfolio should have captions providing information on size, materials and year of production.
Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages).
Include a selfie at work.
Proof of payment of the €35,- application fee
Use www.WeTransfer.com and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in One .pdf
Max 25 pages and max. 15mb.
- for collating PDF’s use www.smallpdf.com
- applications are viewed on a horizontal screen
- maximum 2 images per page is advised
- incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the admission’s board