Open Call for artists, curators and writers
15.11.2019 at Noon
We believe that the contemporary art practice requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
The residency aims:
- To support the production of art and the theory of art
- To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
- To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
- To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
The registration fee is €35. The payment can be made by either using Paypal or by direct debit using IBAN and Swift.
After the deadline
We manually check your application. We send you a confirmation of receipt within 5 working days. If there are any questions about your application, we will contact you.
Your application will be assessed by an Admission’s board consisting of members of the SEA Board and SEA Satellites and two external experts.
The admission’s board will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit: this includes the quality of your work.
- The relevance for your practice: this includes how your practice is related to a global or local context.
- Your attitude and skills: this includes your ambition, your visual and reflective skills.
Results are expected from 18 December and Award winner will be announced at the latest on 1st February 2010
For additional questions or a tour of the building, send an email to Residency coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org Daily office hours 10 am until 5 pm. Please first check our FAQ page
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg
Call for Applicants
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for the 21st-century art professional – visual artists, curators and art theorists, researchers / writers – whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 6 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
Visual art, fibre art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, performance art, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture
Need to know
- There is no age limit (applicants are usually 25 years+)
- Once accepted for the AIR, the enrolment fee is 600 euro for 3 months of residency. The enrolment fee should be paid 3 months in advance of the start of a residency
- Duo’s or collectives can apply with 1 project proposal for 1 residency place When selected they will share 1 studio and 1 stipend. The enrolment fee has to be paid once only.
- The languages of communication are Dutch and English. We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
How to apply
- Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
- The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
- For duos / collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
Completed application form.
Samples work from the past 5 years.
All mages in the portfolio should have captions providing information on size, materials and year of production.
Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages).
Include a selfie at work.
Proof of payment of the €35,- application fee
Use www.WeTransfer.com and address to email@example.com
Send in One .pdf
Max 25 pages and max. 15mb.
- for collating PDF’s use www.smallpdf.com
- the applications are initially viewed on a horizontal screen (laptop)
- Maximum 2 images per page is advised
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the admission’s board