Open Call for artists, curators and writers
Open Call 2019/2020
Call is closed
6 places available of which
2 fully granted fellowships
The residency aims are:
- To support the production of art and the theory of art
- To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
- To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
- To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg
artists, curators & writers
SEA Foundation’s AiR Tilburg – invites applicants for its 2019/2020 residency program. The residencies are designed for the 21st-century art professional – visual artists, curators and art theorists/writers – whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress. We believe that the contemporary art practice requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment.
We seek for candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production during their fellowship period and who are willing to participate within the rhythm, the open participative atmosphere and the artistic challenge which propels our artist-led institute. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 residents per year.
Based on your project proposal and developmental questions, we offer a tailor-made programme in a discursive setting and in doing so fulfill a guiding – and a bridging function. The inclusive character lies within the trinity of hospitality, the ‘art & design infuse’ house, and the residencies & presentations. Bespoke mentoring and training up to 4 hours per week are included in the program.
Up to 3 months
- September – November 2019
- February – June 2020
Selection and Fellowships
Artistic merit is the basis for selection. All applications will be judged by a panel consisting of SEA Foundation team members complemented by international advisors**. Two selected residents for the 2019-2020 program will be offered a full fellowship including all facilities, mentoring a weekly stipend and a production budget.
- Studio and private living quarters
- Heating, water, and electricity
- Use of shared kitchen and common residency rooms
- WIFI everywhere on the premises
- Visitor program
- Use of workshop and equipment
- Use of art-related library
- Interaction with local peers and other residents
- Office facilities and printers
- PR activities
- Bike on loan
- Exhibition with full PR cover
- Production assistance
- Made to measure visiting program
Self-funded or partly funded candidates
Candidates wishing to apply for a residency on a self-funded or third-party funded basis are requested to indicate the name(s) of the funding partner(s) on the application form.
SEA Foundation’s home is based in the city center of Tilburg, a midsized town in the south of the Netherlands. Tilburg is a contemporary art oriented town in a cultural heritage rich region, centrally located in Northern Europe between Brussel, Amsterdam, and Cologne.
How to Apply?
For more information about the application procedure carefully read the instructions, and download the appropriate application form.