We are actively seeking a new team member. Carefully read the description. Can you offer the skills we ask for and are you actively searching for hands-on experience in the field of contemporary art? Let us know that this opportunity is just what you are looking for and also elaborate on why.
From January 2022
Duration: 8 – 16 months
24/28 hours per week
This learning by doing position is aimed at gaining practical experience in writing, researching, studio visits, care and organising, exhibition-making, and the day to day running of an art organisation. We have an opening for an assistant curator (starting earlier is possible).
- writing texts, like exhibitions texts, concepts, essays and critiques
- provide artists with curatorial support
- conduct research and studio visits
- excellent time planning and organizing skills
- Assist in the day-to day running of an art organization including fundraising and administration
- passion for contemporary art,
- team player and a quick mind,
- good reflective and networking skills
- excellent writing skills in Dutch and English
- university graduate, art history, culture and media or curatorial studies or similar
- skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom or WordPress,
- bring your own laptop
A positive attitude, strong work ethics, dedication, punctuality and organizational skills are essential to the position. We offer a learn-work trajectory including mentoring a monthly tax-free fee plus an off-peak train travel card and costs reimbursement. Interested? Write a motivation letter and add your CV. Send your application to email@example.com.
From January 2022
Duration: Minimum 8 weeks maximum of 5 months
International interns welcome.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining arts administration experience in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in contemporary art. This is an unpaid internship.
- provide support in every aspect of the organisation’s operations
- interact with artists, visitors and the public at the exhibitions space and via email
- update website, manage social media accounts and online art portals
- assist in research
- database maintenance
- image and press archiving
- help with sponsoring and fundraising
- help with opening receptions and special events
- excellent writing skills in English,
- professional demeanor, punctually, and ability to multitask,
- excellent computer skills and cloud based working
- working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom and WordPress,
- must bring in your own laptop
Interns will also help with openings, special events and day to day running
Essential to the position are a positive attitude and outlook, strong work ethics and good organizational skills are essential to the position.
You study at an Art School (any discipline) or at a university, BA or MA level, on subjects like history of art, media and culture or an art-related subject. Prepare a motivation letter, add your CV and send your application for an internship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: By agreement
We are looking for volunteers who live locally and who have skills and expertise in for example IT, communication, woodworking, gardening, housekeeping or bookkeeping. Contact us by phone. Alternatively, write a motivation letter, add your CV and send your application to email@example.com.