House rules for AiR residents
A varied set of rules found on the internet when Googleling ‘Houserules’, VG|VR 2018
Safety is always important. Therefore we would like to ask our residents to follow these guidelines during their residency:
- Take good care of keys entrusted to you.
- Please always keep the front door locked.
- In case of emergency call 112.
- In case of a lesser issues call 0900-8844.
- Should the fire alarm go off, please proceed to the exits in a calm and orderly fashion.
- In case of problems, defects or breakages please notify the staff immediately.
For AiR residents
- Pets are not allowed
- Alcohol abuse or use of drugs result in the immediate termination of your residency
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all buildings. Smoking in the garden is allowed. Please do not throw cigarette buds on the ground, dispose of them in the grey bin in the garden
- Bikes should always be locked up and preferably be locked to a fixture
- SEA Foundation engages in using materials sparingly and reducing waste
- The wastewater is treated in a water treatment plant. So please never discharge paints and fluids that harm aquatic organisms into the drain
- Waste, like paper, glass, plastic, organic waste must be sorted for recycling. Please put them in the corresponding containers and follow the guidelines
- Guests are welcome after consultation with the residency coordinator and reception must be notified of their arrival
- Residents will receive the SEA announcements and open calls that are electronically sent out
After the confirmation of your residency, you will receive an invoice from SEA Foundation indicating the amount to be paid in full. Payment should be made no later than 30 days from de date of the invoice.
If you are unable to attend the residency, please inform the residency Coordinator of your cancellation immediately. When you cancel more than three months before the start of the residency, the paid for residency will be refunded minus the non-refundable deposit.
Cancellations after three months before the start of the residency will be refunded 50% of the full payment. In case of urgent reason, a full refund can be requested, but only granted in special reasons and circumstances.
Applicants who cancel lose their place in the residence programme.
Should you wish to join the residence programme at a later date, please resubmit your application in a subsequent selection round.
During the residency SEA Foundation is not liable for:
– damages, theft or accidents to vehicles belonging to residents;
– accidents that happen to resident in the house, the studio or in the grounds;
– theft or loss of personal property, including works of art belonging to the resident;
– damages arising from the use of equipment, materials and products that are provided to the resident by SEA;
– damages due to alleged errors made by SEA employees, advisors, mentors, volunteers.
SEA advises all residents to take out suitable heath, travel and liability insurance and requires proof of health insurance when you check in.