Artist in Residence Tilburg Netherlands – Open Call
curators and writers
We believe that contemporary art practice requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
To support, promote and relay the production, the research-based production and the theory of art. To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context. To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists by creating an expert network
The selection procedure for the Open Calls differs according to the type of call. The applications may be assessed by a jury consisting of team members of SEA foundation or by an Admission Board consisting of SEA board members, satellites and/or external experts.
The jury and the admission’s board will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit: this includes the quality of your work.
- The relevance for your practice: this includes how your practice is related to a global or local context.
- Your attitude and skills: this includes your ambition, your visual and reflective skills.
For additional questions, send an email to the Residency Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org Daily office hours 10 am until 5 pm. Please first check our FAQ page
AiR Tilburg – SEA Foundation
A limited number of places are dedicated to applicants of the Open Calls for which we invite artists from visual art disciplines like photography, sculpture, installation art, media art, sound art, fiber art, drawing & painting, or performance art. Their practices could be hybrid or cross-discipline. Also, designers, architects, and thinkers are welcome. We encourage curators, art critics, art theoreticians, artistic researchers to apply too.
Other places at the AiR Tilburg Netherlands residency program are filled with nominated candidates and invitees. You cannot apply for these.
Open for whom
- Professional artists, curators, and writers
- Regardless of gender, region or religion
- Established, mid-career or emerging practice
- Candidates must master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
How to apply
- Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
- The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
- For duo’s and collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
Hints for applicants
- For collating PDF’s use www.smallpdf.comAapplications are viewed on a horizontal screen
- Maximum 2 images per page is advised
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the jury or the admission’s board
- The Jury or Admission’s board decision is final
- We do not correspond about the decision