Open Call | One Minute on Happiness
Graphic design by Jinhye Lee
digital moving image works
duration exactly one minute
on the subject of Happiness
curated by The One Minutes
and SEA Foundation.
Submit via this link
Submission window has closed on
01.03.2022 Noon (CET)
for the screening event
5 Minutes on Happiness
from 6.30 pm to 11 pm
on-site and on-line
One Minute on Happiness
We are looking for One Minute digital moving image submissions by artists and visual storytellers on the theme of happiness. What does happiness look like and what power does it hold? Is it something personal or rather collective? Can happiness be integrated into future politics or in sustainability for example? Can happiness make you unhappy?
This open call is for artists and filmmakers who reinvent and explore new approaches regarding the concept of Happiness.
What are you applying for?
20 One Minutes will be selected for four screening events, in March/April 2022. The sets will be shown on a live screen at SEA Foundation and parallel online via Vimeo. The events are promoted through the social media platforms of SEA Foundation and The One Minutes Foundation.
The screening of One Minute on Happiness is part of SEA Foundation’s long-term programme on Art and Sustainability, that features four-month themes called ‘folds’. The previous folds have been on Empathy, on Commons, and the current one is fold #03 on Happiness. Read more on our programme of Happiness here.
Learn about The One Minutes projects: www.theoneminutes.org
What is important
- Submission deadline has passed
- The selection board consists of The One Minutes and SEA Foundation members.
- The selected works are announced by 08.03.2022.
- The open call is open to artists, video and filmmakers from all around the world.
- The work explores (new) approaches to the concept of Happiness.
- The length of the video is exactly 1 minute. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be taken into consideration.
- Any language with audio is accepted. In case the language of the film is not English, the film must have English subtitles.
- Entrants declare that the film submitted is their own and that its public screening rights have not been transferred to third parties.
For screening event or theme-related questions, please contact SEA Foundation: info -at- seafoundation.eu
Questions regarding entry process or specifications on video submission, please contact The One Minutes: info -at- theoneminutes.org
How to send us your application
- Submitting is done digitally, via this link: www.theoneminutes.org/participate