Open Call | Video Art and Experiment Film Event
Video Art and Experimental Film Event #VAEFE
Seeking entries for the first edition of Video Art & Experimental Film Event (VAEFE) that is planned as an Open Air event. VAEFE aims to show documentary, experimental artist films, videos and artworks in the Autumn of 2021. For our first edition that is themed “The Commons” and that relates to our long term programme on art and sustainability, we call for entries from artists and filmmakers who reinvent and explore new approaches, and discuss the concept of The Commons and commoning in their work.
SEA Foundation is an artist-led contemporary art network. To fulfil our mission of creating awareness for contemporary art and building cultural resilience, we act as a catalyst in the working lives of artists. Transgressing the boundaries between disciplines and always putting the context and the idea before the medium. Through exchanges, collaborations and working in different cultural contexts we are also part of international networks, where we generate and participate in discussions on sustainability-related issues.
Please note: the first edition is an Open Air cinema and will take place on the sidewalk at SEA Foundation, via a screen with complimentary audio. The deadline for the application is 16.08.2021. The maximum length of the film/video is 20 minutes. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be taken into consideration.
The call is open to experienced artists, video and filmmakers as well as new talent from all around the world.
What is important:
- Submission deadline: 16 August 2021
- There is no submission fee
- The selection board consists of SEA Foundation team members
- The selected works will be announced by 29 August 2021
- All selected artists will receive a screening fee.
Experienced artists as well as new talent from around the world
- Any language with audio is accepted.
- In case the language of the film is not English, the film must have English subtitles.
- Only one work per submission.
- Entrants may submit an unlimited number of works.
- The work must be digitally available.
- Entrants declare that the film submitted is their own and that its public screening rights have not been transferred to third parties.
Screening dates: 23.09. – 25.09.2021
- If you have relevant queries regarding the film event, the entry process or require assistance navigating the entry form, contact SEA Foundation: info -at- seafoundation.eu
- In case your email changes between the date of submission and the time of notification, please contact us immediately. You are responsible for ensuring that the SEA Foundation can be in communication with you about your submission. All artists will be informed of the decision to screen in-person or online, in advance of public announcements.
- SEA Foundation and the first edition of the Video Art and Experimental Film Event is supported by the City of Tilburg and Noord Brabant county.
How to send us your application
- Submitting is done digitally, by using a form
- Only one work per submission form
- English is the preferred language
Click the button “submission form”
The Button links to the google application form.
Complete the form and submit.
Applications that are not using the designated application form will not be accepted.