Open Call | VAEFE II
Graphic design by Jinhye lee
Video Art and Experimental Film Event #VAEFE Edition II
For VAEFE edition II, themed “Solidarity”, we call for entries from artists and filmmakers who reinvent and explore new approaches to Solidarity and support acts of solidarity through their work.
SEA Foundation is an artist-led contemporary art network. To fulfil our mission of creating awareness for contemporary art and building cultural resilience, we act as a catalyst in the working lives of artists and transgress the boundaries between disciplines. With this Video/Film Event, we aim to provide a platform for short documentaries, experimental artist films, and videos. SEA Foundation will select and screen movies, videos, and related works and present a diverse line-up of moving images.
The amount collected from the submission fees will be donated to Artists at Risk.
Please note: Open Air cinema will take place on the sidewalk at SEA Foundation, via a screen with complimentary audio, inside of the exhibition space and outside in our garden.
What is important
- The short film, video work, digital work or animation is about or related to “Solidarity”. This event is part of research in our program fold #07 on Solidarity.
- The call is open to experienced and established artists, as well as new and emerging ones from all around the world.
- The short film, video work, digital work or animation is about or related to “Solidarity”.
- This event is part of the research fold #07 on Solidarity
- Submission deadline: (EXTENDED 01.05.2023 5 pm CEST)
- The selected films and videos will be announced by the end of May
- All selected artists receive a screening fee
- The maximum length of the film/video you wish to submit is 20 minutes.
- Incomplete or late submissions will not be taken into consideration.
Screening fee, submission fee, Artists at Risk
- There is a symbolic submission fee for this event of 3 euros per film.
- The amount collected from the submission fees will be donated to Artists at Risk.
- Pay via SEA Foundations’ PayPal account: email@example.com
- A screening fee of 80 euros ( regardless of duration ) will be paid for each selected work
- Any language with audio is accepted.
- In case the language of the film is not English, the film must have English subtitles.
- Only one film per submission
- The work must be digitally available (we screen from USB)
- The film must be smaller than 4 GB
Screening dates: 30.06. – 02.07.2023
- If you have relevant queries regarding the film event, the entry process or require assistance navigating the entry form, contact SEA Foundation: info -at- seafoundation.eu
- In case your email changes between the date of submission and the time of notification, please contact us immediately. You are responsible for ensuring that the SEA Foundation can be in communication with you about your submission. All artists will be informed of the decision to screen in-person or online, in advance of public announcements.
- SEA Foundation and the second edition of the Video Art and Experimental Film Event is supported by the City of Tilburg, Noord Brabant County, and Mondriaan Fund
How to send us your application
- Submitting is done digitally, by using a form
- Only one work per submission form
- English is the preferred language
Read about our first VAEFE festival
Click the button submission form
The Button links to the google application form.
Complete the form and submit it.
Applications that are not using the designated application form will not be accepted.